Shelah Harper, MBA
Founder & CEO,
Asia Adams Save OUR Children nt
Shelah began the Foundation in 2004 after the devastating loss of her only child, 21 year old daughter Asia Melanie Adams, to dating violence.
She has a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) in Health Care from LaSalle University, and Bachelor’s in Psychology from Lincoln University, and completed post-graduate work in Non-Profit Management and Research at the University of Pennsylvania. Previously CEO of a successful consulting firm Health Revenue and Management, for more than 2 decades supporting Philadelphia’s most innovative Health, Mental Health Care groups
Community Service History: Former: Chair Board of Citizens Public Health District #9 Mattie Humphrey Center, CoChair Philadelphia Department of Human Services Child Welfare Advisory Board, United Way of Southeastern Pennsylvania Funding Allocations committee. Known advocate (city and statewide) on issues affecting the health, welfare and safety of children, including Teen Dating Violence, Healthy Start, and Fetal Infant Mortality Review. Current Involvement: Member Pennsylvania Coalition of Domestic Violence Providers; Child Death Review team member reviewing all Philadelphia Child Homicides (under age 21) in collaboration with a team of varied specialist with the Philadelphia Medical Examiner’s Office, and Board Member Philadelphia Health Department NW region representative.
Board of Directors
- Yvonne Farrell, Vice Chair- Yvonne Farrell joined the Commerce Department in December 2016 to serve in the capacity of Senior Director within the Office of Economic Opportunity. Ms. Farrell has worked for the City of Philadelphia for over 32 years serving in various executive and management positions such as Development and Compliance Manager, Contract and Grants Administrator, Funding and Resource Development Officer, Executive Assistant to various Commissioners as well as Employment and Training Program Analyst. During Ms. Farrell 32 plus year tenure with the City she took two leaves – one to work with a local non-profit to build their contracting infrastructure and another leave during which time she worked as a Budget Analyst for the Department of the Army in Pirmasens, Germany. Ms Farrell holds a Bachelor of Arts from Lincoln University and Masters in Administration of Human Services from Chestnut Hill College. Ms. Farrell is a graduate of the Urban League Leadership Institute.
- Berry Boxley, Treasurer- Former Juvenile Probation Officer with Philadelphia Family Court.
- Carol Henning, Secretary- Supervised Child Welfare workers with City Government- Helped establish DHS Domestic Violence program. Focused work on Asia’s Foundation in fundraising.
- Malaika Davis, Work in small business development and empowerment zones. Former work with United Way of Philadelphia, Urban Affairs Coalition (UAC), North Philadelphia Empowerment zone
- Patricia Harrell, Former School District of Philadelphia-business Teacher. Currently teaches Business at a local College.
- Jennifer Hart- Starkes, Personnel Director
- Hana Sabree, Advocate- consultant on behalf of people with disabilities. Works with our board to ensure this greater risk population is informed about Intimate Partner Violence (IPV).
- Laura Huff (Ex Officio) Retired. Former administrator Philadelphia Department of Public Health and the Department of Human Services (DHS)
- Rebecca Clayton, Esq, Law.
- Monica Reed, PhD, Researcher
- Sam Wyche, MD, Psychiatrist
- James Barry Johnson, MBA, CPA
- Dr. Darryl Ford, Education, School HeadMaster
- Lawrence Robinson, MD, MPH- Medical Doctor