Shelah Harper, MBA
Founder & CEO,
Asia Adams Save OUR Children
Shelah began the Foundation in 2004 after the devastating loss of her only child, 21 year old daughter Asia Melanie Adams, to dating violence.
She has a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) in Health Care from LaSalle University, and Bachelor’s in Psychology from Lincoln University, and completed post-graduate work in Non-Profit Management and Research at the University of Pennsylvania. Previously CEO of a successful consulting firm Health Revenue and Management, for more than 2 decades supporting Philadelphia’s most innovative Health, Mental Health Care groups
Community Service History: Former: Chair Board of Citizens Public Health District #9 Mattie Humphrey Center, CoChair Philadelphia Department of Human Services Child Welfare Advisory Board, United Way of Southeastern Pennsylvania Funding Allocations committee. Known advocate (city and statewide) on issues affecting the health, welfare and safety of children, including Teen Dating Violence, Healthy Start, and Fetal Infant Mortality Review. Current Involvement: Member Pennsylvania Coalition of Domestic Violence Providers; Child Death Review team member reviewing all Philadelphia Child Homicides (under age 21) in collaboration with a team of varied specialist with the Philadelphia Medical Examiner’s Office, and Board Member Philadelphia Health Department NW region representative.
Board of Directors
- Yvonne Farrell, Board Vice Chair, Administrator at Philadelphia Department of Human Services (DHS) the last 30 years.
- Melina Voorhees, Board Secretary, Graduated from West Chester University 2011 majoring in Political Science. Currently works with low income Philadelphia residents advocating for their entitlements
- Shirley Archie, Retired Philadelphia School District as an English school teacher. Currently College Professor.
- Berry Boxley, Juvenile Probation Officer with Philadelphia Family Court.
- Malaika Davis, Experienced in small business development and empowerment zones. Formerly with United Way of Philadelphia, currently with the Urban Affairs Coalition (UAC)
- Patricia Harrell, Retired School District of Philadelphia, business teacher. Currently teaches Business at a local College.
- Laura Huff, Currently retired. Former administrator Philadelphia Department of Public Health and the Department of Human Services (DHS)
- Stephen Robertson, MBA, Management expertise in banking, business development, education, and management consulting. Currently an executive change management consultant with Paradigm Group Consultants LLC
- Shelah Harper (Ex Officio)
- Dr. Darryl Ford, Education, School HeadMaster
- Rebecca Clayton, Esq, Law.
- Monica Reed, PhD, Research
- Sam Wyche, MD, Psychiatrist
- James Barry Johnson, MBA, CPA