- Policy Recommendation to impact the health, education, welfare and safety of low income youth. (city, state and federal levels)
- Health Education Workshops focus on Teen Dating Violence (TDV) Healthy Relationships
- Health Prevention/Promotion … Nutrition & Physical Ed
- Public Awareness and Outreach
- Staff Training
- Lecture (College-High and Middle School Girls)
- Girls Rites Program
- Anger (Stress) Management workshops
- Teen Job Training
“Love Speak for ME” project
Provides education workshops for girls, boys, and mixed gender groups (ages of 12-24). A health education, prevention program to promote awareness and reduce risk of becoming victims or perpetrators of teen dating violence (tdv). The objective is to increase public awareness and provide referral to available resources.
“Love Speak for ME” aims to understand:
- How adolescence effects relationships?
- Define What is a Healthy Caring Relationship?
- What is Teen Dating Abuse??
- Explore- Why do people abuse?
- Where to get help? Available resources?
- Feelings, Dealings and Communications
- How to Prevent Sexual Assault?
Highly interactive we infuse role-play, games, art, distress and anger management techniques, to engage young people. Carefully designed evidence based curriculum adapted to be culturally competent for a diverse urban population. “Love Speak for ME“ has educated almost 20,000 youth. Seventy (70%) of program participants are girls, the remaining 30% boys.
Note: Love Speak for ME includes a professional development awareness and education component and adult interactive experiential workshops. This training is available to teachers, school police, clinicians, administrators and the general community to recognizing teen dating violence victimization and perpetration…
In and out of School programming
Philadelphia Medical Examiner’s Child Homicide Review Team (all deaths under 21 yrs)
The purpose is to understand how, where, what, when, why young folk under 21 are dying in Philly. Evaluating trends to advocate for policy recommendation and change.
- Philadelphia Department of Public Health (former) Chair NW area Board of Citizens
The purpose to identify and help solve child – young adult, public health needs. in the Northwest region of Philadelphia, then advocate to improve their health outcomes. For Example: Recently we advocated with the Department to increase the number of HIV Rapid testing sites/slots in NW, as currently only 3 of 10 possible slots are available (the lowest in the Philly region).
- Member of Pennsylvania Coalition of Statewide Domestic Violence Providers
The purpose to assure the voices of Philadelphia and vicinities, girls and young women are heard as the Commonwealth establishes protocol and makes statewide recommendations regarding Intimate Partner Violence (IPV).
- Member Mayor’s Commission on African, Caribbean + Immigrant Affairs
Work with persons across the diaspora to identify + address health issues and educate the community about Teen Dating Violence (TDV) and health
Commission Founders Honorables Councilwoman Janie Blackwell and Stanley Straughter (below)
Member Women of Color Network (WOCN)
A mission is to end violence against All women by centralizing the voices, wellness and leadership of women of color and their communities.